Top 10 Instagrammable Spots in Indy
Instagrammable Spots in Indianapolis
1. Bluebeard in Fletcher Place – Located in the historic Holy Rosary neighborhood, this bar offers prime location for snapping and clapping your way through a meal. You’ll start your photo journey at the bar whose shelves are lined with classic typewriters (paying homage to Indy author Kurt Vonnegut) then happily let your dinner get cold because it was almost too pretty to eat…almost.
2. Georgia Street Motorcycle Meridien – Georgia Street is Indy’s hometown hangout. Lined with bars, shops, and restaurants, you could spend the day on this three-block strip. The best place to take your pic is right in the middle of the street. Known as the motorcycle meridian, it offers middle of the road parking for your bike and the perfect spot to hop on for a selfie.
3. Soldiers and Sailors Monument – This 284 ft. neo-classical monument is right in the center of the city offers a tip of the hat to our service men and women while also allowing your inner shutterbug a 360 degree canvas for your snaps.
4. The Aquarium at the Indianapolis Zoo – The zoo is full of fun & fabulous animals with which you can strike a pose, but the prime selfie-spot is found at the aquarium. Stand under the wonders of the sea in this glass enclosure and watch as fish, otters, and sting rays swim overhead.
5. Eiteljorg - Honoring Native American and Western Art, this museum offers multiple interactive exhibitions that allow you to experience snippets of life in another time. Step aboard a west-bound wagon or climb inside a tee-pee, you’ll have no shortage of Likeable moments.
6. IMA Love Sculpture – Created in 1970, the LOVE sculpture was originally located inside the Indianapolis Museum of Art. Lucky us, the city deemed it fit to share the LOVE with the entire city and move the sculpture outside so everyone can shimmy up to one of the most snappable spots in the city.
7. Duckpin Bowling Alley – For those unfamiliar with duckpin bowling, you can immerse yourself in the sport in this retro spot featuring the miniature balls and pins. Enjoy this classic ten-pin game while snagging great action shots on the lanes.
8. Vonnegut Mural – Poet and artist Mari Evans has created a 38 ft. monument to one of Indianapolis’s best known authors. Take a stroll down the 300 block of Mass Ave and take a picture with the legend.
9. Children’s Museum – Home to multiple exhibits ranging from space exploration to Earths geographical wonders, the Children’s Museum offers educational fun for the whole family. When it comes time to check-in online, head to the Dinosphere and grab a picture of yourself walking amongst the Jurassic giants that have enthralled the public for ages.
10. Landmark for Peace – Created by Indiana artist Greg Perry the Landmark for Peace is a memorial sculpture that honors the contributions of the slain leaders Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy. The bronze statue offers a thoughtful site to soak in the culture in Indy.