Pet Friendly Atlanta | Top "Spots"
Training your pup can be hard – traveling with them can be even harder. Check out these popular doggy commands to find out where to sit, play, fetch and lay down when bringing your four-legged companion to Atlanta.
SIT – Where to dine in ATL with your pooch
We can’t write about dining in our city without mentioning Inman Park. Since its inception, Inman Park has remained an iconic destination with beautiful views, up and coming businesses, and walkable city streets surrounded by pet-friendly shops and restaurants. First stop – Barcelona Wine Bar. With generous outdoor seating and a swanky patio space (complete with fire pit) bring your pet out for tapas, paella and an extensive wine selection. Many restaurants are all within walking distance of each other, if you don’t find what you’re looking for at one take a few steps to the next restaurant for a different selection!
Want to SIT somewhere else? Visit these dog-friendly restaurants in other neighborhoods:
• Midtown: Henry’s is a Gastropub named after the owner’s dog with an expansive outdoor deck
• Downtown: ParkGrounds coffee shop offers specialty coffee drinks and breakfast served all day
• Old Fourth Ward (on The Beltline): Ladybird Grove and Mess Hall feature shareable sized, elevated campfire cuisine
GO PLAY – Explore the local hot spots
Spring is on full display in Atlanta but don’t let a little chill in the air keep you and your pup indoors. Grab a light jacket (this is the south after all!), and explore our city’s most exciting neighborhoods.
While in Midtown, check out The Beltline. Originally a railway corridor that still runs through the heart of Atlanta, The Beltline is a redeveloped multi-use trail that links together all the major parks and neighborhoods. Great for taking your dog on a walk (or roller-blade, or bike ride), the trail on The Beltline offer interactive art and, not to mention, the best views of the city.
If time allows, GO PLAY in these other local hotspots on your tour of the ATL:
• Midtown: Known as the “Heart of the Arts”, Midtown is home to multiple theaters and many of Atlanta’s popular festivals
• Buckhead: Take your pick of chic shopping or decadent dining in The Beverly Hills of the South
• Little Five Points: Renowned for its alternative culture this neighborhood is often described as Atlanta’s Haight-Ashbury
FETCH – Run, romp. and roll over at our parks
Grab your leash and explore the great outdoors of Atlanta! With so many parks and nature centers to choose from there is plenty of opportunity to bring your pup, and let them go play in the dog friendly parks of our city.
If city sights are your style, take a short walk to Piedmont Park, known as Atlanta’s answer to New York City’s Central Park. With 360 degree views of Atlanta’s skyline, the photo ops for you and your dog are endless. Olympic structures still stand on display at Centennial Olympic Park, located downtown in the heart of the city. The park is the perfect spot for fall leaf peeping and picnicking, or watching live music and public art.
Play FETCH at any one of these other area parks:
• Johns Creek: Newtown Dream Dog Park is a short drive outside the city featuring artificial turf and unique play obstacles
• Sandy Springs: North of the city is Chattahoochee River National Recreational Area offering many hiking trails. Live like a local grab a raft to “shoot the Hooch,” (with your pooch!)
• Lakewood Heights: South Bend Dog Park is across from Aaron’s Amphitheatre and offers plenty of climbing rocks and a nice view from its hilltop location
LAY DOWN – Hotels that encourage four legged guests
When you’re ready for a good night’s sleep after a day of exploring Atlanta, bring Fido! Our Atlanta hotels offer some of the most unique pet experiences you’ll find when traveling.
The W Hotels of Atlanta for example have a P.A.W. Program (Pets Are Welcome) , where a custom bed, turndown treat, and pet toy are just a few of the amenities available for request. Make sure to check out their dog-walking service if you want explore Atlanta “sans pooch”. Take your pick of three locations – Downtown, Midtown, and Buckhead for a different Atlanta experience in each neighborhood.
Save a little extra kibble on your trip when you stay at W Atlanta – Midtown. Your stay includes a waived pet fee ($100 one time deposit plus $25/night) and complimentary internet! Click here to book now. Woof, woof.
Relaxation, location, and a Westin Heavenly® Bed you don’t have to share? Lay down at either our Buckhead or Downtown Atlanta Westin locations and you’ll find all the essentials (plus a little more!). Your guest room comes complete with a Westin Heavenly® Dog Bed, pet welcome kit, and food bowls with a mat. Packing for your pet just got easier!